Saturday, May 31, 2008

this office life

It has started to get sunny again here in Abbotsford, and I started writing again. Mostly it has been a lot of letters to a lot of friends, with a lot of tea and a lot of thinking. These are a couple pictures from a couple days of writing around my house and around the office where I work now, as a youth ministry intern.


This is a girl that I spend a lot of time with. I think that we are just friends, however.


These are a couple of gnomes I keep in my office. They look like leprechans, but they are, in reality, gnomes.



An earthy pitcher that I found in my office. I use this to store the occasional glass of water.


The pitcher sometimes hangs out with this fake flower.


Some tea my aunt sent me. It tasted a lot like lemongrass.


This is part of Ethical Addictions, a coffeehouse in Abbotsford that I frequent.


These are a couple pictures I really like, though cannot afford to own.

And a couple more likewise pictures.


Some candles.


A couple books that I keep around the house, sitting on my mat that smells like burgamot oil (the stuff they use to make earl gray tea): Xavier Rudd's photo-journal and Jamie Oliver's cookbook about home.


Jamie Oliver's approach to growing potatoes.


Both of these books carry a certain "home" quality about them. More personal, close to the heart of the authors.


Winter is an often overlooked time for being creative with what we eat.



Xavier Rudd playing piano


Some flowers that remind me a lot of this picture.


I really should go for a walk and write today. It is too nice to stay inside.


My guitar seems to convey more beauty in this way, casting shadows on a wall, than in my hands. Alas. This is why I invite my songwriter friends over all the time.

See you later.

No comments: