Monday, May 12, 2008

she wears bright flowers in her hair

Older pictures:


A mural in Yaletown.


This is a my friend, Megan, from that time we had dinner at a New Orleans style resteraunt.


An another older picture, from that time in Yaletown. Whoa!

Some newer pictures.

I spent my entire last week walking around Nanaimo and Vancouver. Before that I spent a couple days in Kelowna at a businessmen's retreat (never again), then I took to the streets of Vancouver, exploring Kitsalano.

Then I took to Nanaimo, visiting my old coffeehouses, which are still going strong, and my favorite places to eat, all of which are closed (thus is life. I can't complain). These are a couple perspectives from walking around.



I'd like to say the fogginess of this picture is a mystical British Columbian morning, but really it is just awkward lighting. Even so, I could pass this off as an excerpt from a fairy tale.


At the Bible Camp where the ManFest took place there was some JJ Bean coffee. I was very impressed. It made up for a really poor conversation about art I had with some guys the first night.


The next night, while a bunch of men were being all "spirit filled", my friend Brad and I sat in the Caf, having hot chocolate and tea while having a very down to earth conversation about faith. It was definitely relaxing.


I really like this picture. This is "Envy", a surprisingly good green tea.


I wrote this in the sound-booth of the camp's chapel, just to throw off summer-camp-kids, and to make camp-leader-girls sigh. I have an interesting sense of humor.


This is a Banjo, from the Sher/Jer concert.


The concert took place at a place called "Mermaid's Mug", that most people in Nanaimo avoid completely because they host belly-dancing and palm reading some nights. Being artsy is a really scary thing to be in Nanaimo, apparently.


All in all it was a cool place. Really colorful. Mermaids painted on the walls. Fish nets hanging from the ceiling. An ambiguous red veil in the corner, where palm reading is done. I could see myself coming here more often (take that, overly cautious Nanaimo church kids).


This is my friend, Amy. She is really cute.


This is Sheree Plett and her man, Jeremy Eisenhaur. They tour together around BC, and Canada. They are really good.



I think that there were about 5 people that came to this show, but I think it was all the better because of it. After the show we all sat around talking about life, art, touring, nachos and other things.

5 days later I was home. Somehow it took me 6 hours to get home, after the ferry ride and a 9pm greyhound.

I start work at a Youth Ministry intern next week (yes I do :D), so life should pick up considerably. I am down.

More to come.

1 comment:

Amy said...

AW you think I'm cute!!! :D

And boo on you for writing that "I still love her...". My head was full of sweet romatic thoughts, wondering how the writer lost his love...*sigh*