Friday, April 11, 2008

so far so good


(The Meadow)

My friend Jamison rolled back into town, fresh from 3 months in Europe last week. This entry is a musical / artistic tribute to him, and the many inspiring conversations about art we will, probably, have for years to come. Listen to this while you check these ones out. Cheers.


This is Jamison (middle) Steve and I (right) captured in the ancient art form of polaroid. If we had a band, it would look like this.



Greg Atkinson and I, consuming overpriced burgers before seeing Xavier Rudd at the Queen Elizabeth in Vancouver.



Brad and I, seeing Lifehouse with Matt Nathanson in Seattle (about a block away from Q-west field, not that I will ever care about baseball). Before the show I was telling a story (to a couple girls from my school) about how I tried to see a Backstreet Boys concert back in the day, but it sold out in minutes.



One of many house-parties at my place with friends.




Last year a couple of my housemates and I drove to THE GORGE in Washington to see Ben Folds and John Mayer. This is, by far, the most beautiful venue in North America.



2006. If I was a guitar, I would look like this.



I performed poetry here, a church in Nanaimo, last Christmas.



And here is a bus a block away from commercial. Artists are weird.

More to come. Eventually.

No comments: