Thursday, May 1, 2008

BC Ferries

Last weekend some youth kids and I spent some time on Pender Island, fixing up an summer camp. These are some pictures of the ferry ride. Vive' le travel!



This is what wind looks like.


One of the ferry terminals. It was really quiet out here, and it felt like home.



A small part of one of the islands, with some cool reflection.


There was a seal playing around this dock while we waited for the ferry to leave (this is one of the 3 stops we took on the way to Pender Island).






The sun was setting, and I almost did not notice it.



Some cool looking stairs. Interesting place to live.


more of the sunset. I took a picture of myself facing the sunset.


We arrived at the Island safely. The next morning I took a picture of a Canadian mainstay: canoes. Though I did not get to canoe this weekend.



Instead we (me and some youth kids) spent the day fixing stuff around the camp.



This is where the boys stayed (I was sitting on a climbing wall when I took this);


And this is where we slept. In a chapel.



Highlight of the day; tearing apart a cabin! and putting it back together! a ha ha. Nothing says manly like hammering a cabin together.


Here is a couple of the boys. Note the sledge hammer.



The next day we left. Here is another ferry berth.


While waiting I bought a salmon burger at a small food stand (which was fantastic). While eating it I sat next to this wall.


Walking on ferry.


This is bethany. This picture reminds me a lot of a picture my friend, Jordan, took. Click on the link "Lighthouse" to your right to check it out.


Here we are packing ye' olde' 15 passenger van to go home.


And here is me, checking out the ocean. I love a good ocean trip.

I'm taking yet another weekend trip to a place called "West Bank" outside of Kelowna, a city closer to the Interior of BC.

More to come.

2 comments:

Di said...

love the sunset pictures!

Chantel said...

Hey Jesus, i love the pictres! They're great!